Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pranayama and meditation


I started with a few surya namaskara A and B, simply to wake the body up. To sit in lotus pose for 15 min starting with a stiff body is not so easy. A few suryas do not exhaust me. I added baddha konasana to open the hips. Then I folded my legs into padmasana and lied down on my belly. It is another exercise to open the hips.
Then I started my practice with pranayama (alternate nostril breathing). I took a short break after a few rounds and then I meditated. Meditation is more or less a concentration exercise as I focus on the breath. It's been a long time since I have done these exercises. It was wonderful. It is much calmer than practicing the asanas. To be enough for oneself, this thought comes up. To have 10 calm minutes every day observing the breath is wonderful.
I enjoyed my pranayama, concentration practice. It's breakfast time.

2 comments:

Womensfiles said...

Interesting post. Yoga is always an interesting thing to do, though sometimes it is not easy to do.

Womensfiles said...

Interesting post. Yoga is always an interesting thing to do, though sometimes it is not easy to do.