Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Only a bit of sleep

It was difficult to sleep in this night. During the Christmas vacation I was up till midnight or even longer and I slept till 11am. Of course this makes it difficult to start sleeping at 10pm from one day to the other. I have a bit of a self-made jet lag. In the morning the cleaning cars of the company from the other side of the street started their work. It was 4am or earlier. I woke up, much too early. At 5am I decided to get up. Do I really feel well-rested? Not really. I am up now and when I get tired I will take a nap setting the alarm clock in order not to sleep too long. Not to sleep well at night is awful.

It is true, life always offers challenges (I didn't like to use the world "problems"). When in a job there are issues, without a job are issues, self-employed there are issues, retired there are issues. I think I have to focus on finding money sources, one after the other. I am so easily distracted. To want to do everything at the same time is not possible. This puts pressure on me which is not necessary and doesn't help either. I must focus. This shall also influence my yoga practice this morning. I intend to stay on the mat as long as my practice lasts. Let's see if this will happen. Focus is a concentrated mind, focus is the breath for only 90 min. No email checking or writing between the asanas this morning, the asanas are connected via vinyasas........

2 comments:

Kaivalya said...

I'm having the same time problem adjusting to an early schedule after the holidays. I try to go to sleep at 10, then I toss and turn - then I'm too exhausted to get up at 6.

It never occurred to me that this is like Jet Lag, but it is!

Ursula said...

Life is easier, when the routines are strict.....

:)