Monday, January 25, 2010

Bakasana B - learning exercises


How I'm learning bakasana B:
First picture: I jump up against the wall with both legs at the same time. They remain bent. (As I am not yet able to do it, I went first in handstand and bowed them later, but this is not the goal of this exercise). It is important that the distance is far enough from the wall. The next step is to bend the hips. The arms are not straight up but in an ankle to the wall. This is why you need room. To take the knees under the armpits is the goal. Bandhas might help. It is important I think to be in control of the movement.
It is difficult for me, but I try. My first step is to lose (Anna!!! my teacher) fear. I'm just learning to jump up with both legs with both legs bent.
Studying the pictures I saw how important it is to go forward with the shoulders without losing balance. the arms are straight but not 90 straight up, but in an ankle to the floor (or the wall).

7 comments:

Kathryn Parks said...

this is great! i've been trying to work on jumping into this pose, but I haven't quite got it yet. the fear factor is HUGE for me. i think i'm going to try this technique against the wall tonight. thanks!

Ursula said...

Smiling, but what I see on your picture is really awesome.

Re bakasana: I think it is important to be far enough away from the wall. Good luck.

Anna said...

Gut gemacht, Ursula! (English grammar and Ashtanga :-)

Claudia said...

You go girl!!!! :)

Ursula said...

Hahahahaha, this pose is such a challenge. But M has always ideas how to approach an asana that seems impossible....:)

Peaceloveyoga said...

So wonderful you're using the wall in such a way to access the pose! I've found we become more fearless with practice, like everything else, lol.

Keep up the great work! xoxo.

Ursula said...

Thank you Laruga....:)