Friday, December 25, 2009

"You must give up something,...."

"You must give up something, when you want to gain something." It was about like that what M told me in the last Mysore practice. It related to my yoga practice and that it is still rather hard. I know he is right. How to make it softer I wonder, what must I give up? The ambition? The fighting? I don't know.
It is also important to see the whole practice and not only the single asana. A forest is much more than the single tree.

But back to giving up something. This is so true for, applicable to many areas of our lives:
- When I want to be slim I have to give up eating the dessert.
- When I want to practice 3 times in a week in the morning in a Mysore class, I have to give up the security of a 9 to 5 job.
- When I want to practice early in the morning, I have to give up being up late.
- When I want to have space in my rooms, I have to give up keeping all my old clothes.
What do you have to give up, to get something else?

To let go IS important.
Inhaling, exhaling, inhaling, exhaling.
Simply to observe the breath, alters it already. It becomes deeper.

2 comments:

globie said...

Merry Christmas Ursula.

Ursula said...

Merry Christmas Kevin. I know you are far away from Europe, but I also know you love where you are right now. Jet lag will fade with each day. Enjoy!