Sunday, December 20, 2009

Very slow and very intensive practice

I just saw my watch and I realized that I've finished my Ashtanga yoga practice at 2:30 p.m. Can I still call this a morning practice?
It was a very intensive practice, with few breaks. In the middle of my practice I played a CD a shop owner had recommended me. He told me that a midwife used this CD when her ladies were in labour. The music is very rhythmic and copies the heart beat and breath. I stayed on the mat with this music. It was great and music helps me. Music is allowed.
To practice slowly is easier. It allowed me to go deeply into the asanas. After supta kurmasana I added yoga nidra. It was great, my legs crossed behind my head and I could hook my fingers behind my back. Wow, it was even comfortable. No single asana was omitted. Sometimes I did full vinyasa, but not all the time. I listened to my body, the body is the boss.

At the end I took my green woolen blanket and covered myself with it and relaxed.

I don't know, but for the time being I feel that my yoga practice is more important for myself than a 9 to 5 job.

Afterwards I prepared two cups of ginger tea, one for E and one for myself. I cut an apple, a Brae Burn, and shared it with E. It is something lively and I feel full now.

2 comments:

Lars said...

I recommend you all music played by the famous japanese drummers KODO. It is supposed to be a organic rythmn, very full of energy and flow, like our mothers heartbeat.

Lars said...

For your next post I will give you a questionnaire:

1. What is your favourite asana?
2. Which one you dislike?
3. What is you body-background, which body-arts or mobvements you experienced in the past?
4. What is the difference for you between your ashtanga-practice and your earlier yoga-styles?
5. what is your favourite book?
6. how many books you own?
7. How will your favourite day look like?