Friday, December 11, 2009

Up on time

Today I go to a Mysore class and I will practice primary. And then, and this I scarcely believe, and then I'm looking forward to a yoga free day. This tells me that for the time being my yoga is intensive.

Joy can be felt because there is sadness, too.
Relaxation can be experienced because there is tension, too.

I remember my first relaxation exercises in a yoga class 30 years ago. The teacher told us to engage the entire body as much as we can. Then we had to let go of it, we had to relax. This tension first had a positive effect on the level of relaxation.

4 comments:

tanya said...

30 years is long period of pratice you have put on yoga 'CONGRALUTIONS'

Ursula said...

I discovered yoga when I was 20. Of course within a period of 30 years I had yoga breaks. For a few years I did Aikido. I don't want to miss it.
Yoga in the 70s was totally different. Relaxation and flexibility was the goal. I never sweated, not a bit.
6 years ago I discovered Ashtanga yoga and I thought I've never done anything with my body.
Ashtanga is my style: strength and flexibility combined with uddyay breathing. Vinyasas that connect the asanas, this is it.

PranaHolidays said...

Congratulations on 30 years of yoga.

Been following the blog with interest for a while and this is my first post.

Ursula said...

Thank you for reading.

Comments are always welcomed. :)