Monday, October 05, 2009

Yeah, done, my morning ??? practice

I don't know if this was a good practice this morning or not, but I know that I sweated again.

The only change that happens is that I stretch my arms backwards when I drop down into urdhva dhanurasana. There is simply not enough space to lead the arms backwards next to my body. I bit more courage is needed for this. But I have confidence now that my arms will be able to hold my body. I stretch them towards the mat and they are able to hold me.

Picture: Ubhaya padanghustasana - I have to learn all names of the asana. From now on I will start the asana with saying silently the name of it. To know the names is somehow important, too. Ubhaya padanghustasana is a balancing pose. The crucial point is to come up from halasana with straight legs. I can do this. the trick is to stretch the legs in order to balance. Bandhas help as well.

The rain has stopped. Time to make a plan for the day...........

3 comments:

tanya said...

I really appreciate the flexibilty of your body and the way you are able to do the yoga asna.I suggest that why do you not take the advantage and join the proper yoga institute in Mumbai.In this way you shall be able to improve the posture and the way to do it.I am iyengar yoga student and they have class near your residence.If you do not desire to go to the class then you buy the book called 'Light on Yoga'by BKS Iyengar it is considered to be the bible in yoga.
Secondly there is lecture on Gita one of the most read scriptures in Hindu mythology by Mrs Jaya Row at Bhariya Vidya Bhavan Chowpatty form Oct 6 to 10 in the eveing from 6 to 8pm Since you are here you should take advantage of this programme as she is travelled all over the world giving talks on this subject.

Nuno said...

I'm working in a yoga blog and yoga site in Portugal: Fitness Yoga - Desporto Portugal , Beneficios Desporto - Yoga Pilates and your site will help me in my project.

Thank you for your site

Ursula said...

Thank you tanya for your recommendation. I will try to get to a yoga class here.

Thank you Nuno for telling me.