Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mental preparation of my creative writing workshop

"I am writing, so I am" is the title of the creative writing workshop I have enrolled for a long weekend in the north of Germany. It will be a long creative and relaxed weekend, the organizer wrote me.

It will start on Friday evening with a dinner. We'll also do sort of relaxing travelling to arrive. The workshop begins in the morning with the Dynamic meditation created by Osho. There will be a longer break during lunch time. In the evening is time to read texts to the others. I have no texts to read to others, but I don't care. I'm fed up to make myself reproaches.

I surely will have to introduce myself. Since days I'm thinking what I shall say: I even pondered to forward this task to my readers. So feel free to write an introduction for me. This is not fishing for compliments - anonymous comments are allowed as usual.
My current version is:
My name is U.W.. In the last decade I worked as an accountant. It's planned for my second life time to be more creative. Since 2000 I write daily in a private journal, since 2006 I blog every day. Me too, I want to write a book: It shall be on how to stay slim. (Break.) I also write emails, but this was it. I'm glad that I am here. Thank you.

Dynamic meditation (exists of 5 parts):
1. For 10 min breath deeply, focus on exhaling
2. For 10 min become crazy: scream, cry, jump, sing, laugh - the heart leads, not the mind
3. For 10 min jump, and say huh huh hug, arms are up
4. Then someone says stop. The movements shall freeze in. For 15 min one shall remain so.
5. Dancing - saying thank you to the Creation.

OK, there will be probably no time for Ashtanga yoga, why not doing Dynamic meditation for 3 days. I want to embed into this workshop.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend "Yoga School Dropout" Lucy Edge. She describes her months in India after quitting her job. She had a lot of different experiences in Mysore, Osho ashram...

Ursula said...

Thank you. I have the book here. I'm going to read it now.

Ursula

Uwe said...

Your "current version" of an introduction does not match the picture I have from you through reading your blog.

Reading your blog is fun and inspiring......

Ursula said...

So dear Uwe:
Introduce me to someone.....
I'm curious what you'd say.

You can also introduce me to someone and I am absent....even better......

I'm waiting.

Oh, thank you for the compliment btw.

Uwe said...

No, no, this would become to flattering since you come across so positive in your blog. I am sure you also have some "dark spots" about which you obviously wouldn't write here ;-)

Anna said...

Hello, I'm U. and I love coffee.

Ursula said...

Hahahaha Uwe, you make me smile, but thank you again. I thought I'd mention also some of my dark sides. But if not, it is even better. Yes I intend to be positive, obviously successful.

When I intruduce myself I prefer an understatement, but I also don't want that people think I am boring. A first impression must be positive. I will work on my introduction.

And have fun reading. The workshop will be interesting......

Ursula