Saturday, September 26, 2009

Listening to sitar music

R. took me to a sitar class yesterday. 3 women and a teacher (one of the 3 best sitar players of India I've heared, a strict teacher) gathered together. I was allowed to listen and sat down on the floor, moved my body with the music. I did not know that sitar music can be so rhythmic. Sometimes I had the feeling that everybody was playing her own stuff, a big mess was created. I asked R. later if my impression was true and she admitted it, laughingly. It was difficult to concentrate, she said.
Afterwards we ate at Govinda's restaurant. And talked about Ramesh, and how we see the world. Even though we just met the first time a few days ago, I feel very close to her.

One blond woman is already too much here, but we both are blond. I think we are an attraction here, but nobody is intrusive. We both together are simply a bit over the top. It is as if we come from another world, which is almost true

Mumbai is safe, also during the night. Only the traffic scares me very much. I know the Indians are very good drivers, but this helps only a bit.

I have another body feeling here, but I've nothing against it. I wake up and my body is moist everywhere. I sweat all the time. Thinking of E, I know he would suffer, because he would sweat here so much. He would go with me to the big hotels (air-conditioning) and there we would spend our days. I bombard him with pictures of India, so it is as if he were here. On weekends he usually is missing me, he told me. During the week he is too busy. No U will prepare him a breakfast on Saturday and Sunday. Ohhhh.

The plan for today:
- I have to draw money again (eveything is more expensive as expected and I spend more than expected, hahahahaha)
- I have to organize an adapter, but I know where to get one (thanks to R.)
- The Italian guy, who was here yesterday will come and see us again. We will listen to videos of Ramesh. In the afternoon we will see Ramesh.

And a last note for my readers who see me as a yoga teacher. M. wants to learn yoga from me. On Sunday I will show her the beginning of the first Ashtanga series. Let's see how far we will come. I will be traditional. When we come to the first pose that is impossible to do, I stop showing another asana.

4 comments:

C.K. said...

It's good that she wants you to teach her! Traditionally you first teach them the sun salutations. If they can do them and memorize them, you begin to lead them through the standing poses. Then they repeat them until memorized, and you add from there. A good stopping point is the Surya B; after that Parskvatonasana (after which all six series begin), and so on. Then they do the seated meditation poses and take rest.

Ursula said...

Thank you so much Cara. Exactly so I will do it. Not more. Help in the last minute.
Feel hugged. xx U

Ursula said...

Hi Cara, I was not sure if it was serious with the yoga class, but M just came in and we fixed a time: 7:30 tomorrow.
Please send me somehow some energy.
Thanks.
xx U

Ursula said...

Hi Cara, I was not sure if it was serious with the yoga class, but M just came in and we fixed a time: 7:30 tomorrow.
Please send me somehow some energy.
Thanks.
xx U