Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Cleanness, focus, yoga

I looked at the floor in the hotel room and found it a bit too dirty. So I put on my yoga clothes, took my yoga mat and went to the reception: "Do you have a place here, where I can do yoga?" I asked. They lead me to the garden behind the restaurant and there I practiced. Nobody, but the sun could see me.
It's amazing to practice outside. The orientation gets lost - and the balance. To have fresh air is great. I enjoyed my practice even though I felt a bit weak.
I wanted to do a picture, but to take pictures and to practice is a contradiction. It interrupts the flow. Next time I take pictures when I've finished my yoga pracice. I'm happy now, because I've found a place where I can practice tomorrow in the morning. :)

Fish pose (matsyasana): Sometimes when I do not have much time I practice an abbreviated closing sequence, but fish pose is part of it.

7 comments:

staya said...

so wonderful to practise in the garden, in the sunlight

shanti*
/S

Ursula said...

It is planned to practice outside today again. It is wonderful, a totally different feeling.

shanti
Ursula

Grimmly said...

All these pictures turned up,must have missed them. Nice to practice outside, never got around to it. Been wanting to practice on a beach for ages, oh well, someday.

Ursula said...

Yoga on the beach, I did it once in Hawaii, it was one of my best moments in life.
We did a meditation, imagining ourselves sitting calmly on the floor of the sea while the waves were wild above us. I loved this image and I became rather calmly amidst of all these storms that happen in life.

Anonymous said...

I practice primary series outside with a portable DVD player while on vacation using Kino McGregor's DVD.
To find a nice place is sometimes a challenge.

Namaste,
Marc

Anonymous said...

I practice primary series outside with a portable DVD player while on vacation using Kino McGregor's DVD.
To find a nice place is sometimes a challenge.

Namaste,
Marc

Abeni said...

Wonderful post.Doing yoga in the fresh air is very cool and energetic. It gives a Good sense of mind and fresh mind. Yoga is the best thing which relieves us from stress and gives us healthy mind and body. I learned more yoga poses from the below site. they gave a good practice.

The Online Home Of Yoga - meditation, yoga courses, types of yoga, about yoga, yoga supplies online, yoga supplies