Monday, September 28, 2009

Back from the roof


I practiced and it was a good yoga practice. I have time as much as I want, this helps to have a relaxed practice. Only the sun makes me stop practicing upstairs.

I don't do garbha pindasana. I simply don't want to force my arms through my sticky legs folded in lotus pose. And I give no ambitious to jumping through. Anger comes up when the sticky mat stops me from an elegant jumping through. Today I didn't like the feeling of anger.

Dropping back is amazing. I love it. But also janu sirsasana satisfied me somehow and the other asanas, too. For relaxation, pranayama and meditation, it was too hot on the roof. I came down.

Thank you, thank you my dear readers. I try to do all your recommendations.
Thank you for giving me the hint how to get the book for Zee. He probably needs it for his enlightenment. So it is important.

I love to go to the recommended yoga studio.
Inhaling, exhaling, inhaling, exhaling.......


For today I'm already in a hurry. R wants to go downtown with me.

10 comments:

Grimmly said...

I can't remember Ursula, do you use a towel on top of your mat back home? Manduka's equa towel is great for the jump through. Feels soft as velvet and where your toe brushes the surface it just glides though painlessly, no toes rubbed raw, no anger.

Anuradha said...

Yoga has more hype than its benefits. Most of the claims are without any study. People see a yoga guru, a person with a long beard and and assume true whatever he says. moreover websites shows skinny girls doing yoga in some sexy pose. This attracts people to do yoga. People should keep in mind that yoga may not be so helpful and some asanas might have some side effects
See this cartoon

Ursula said...

Thank you Grimmly, I should try this. Usually I use only my sticky mat "Jade-something". I could use my meditation blanket. It's a very good idea. I'll try it tomorrow. Now I know why the yogis in Gokulam put their blankets on their mats after the standing sequence. :)

Grimmly said...

It needs to be soft though, I have a rug and first time I used it my toes were raw.

Anuradha, it probably saved me from a heart attack at 50, Of course any kind of regular excercise might have done the same.

Ursula said...

Thank you, I think my meditation blanket might be soft enough. But I will be attentive.

Very good.

Anna said...

Grimmly - do you think I could be too old to start Ashtanga at 53? I've done some gentle Hatha yoga for a few years but nothing dynamic.

Zee said...

Thanks Sunshine. It is very important. :)

Yes, I do yoga practice, as prescribed - six times a week. (left knee is healed, I can sit in lotus now…)

Ursula said...

Great Zee.......

Grimmly said...

Sure Anna why not. Gwendolyn Hunt was Sixty I believe when she started Ashtanga and is on the Advanced dvd with Lino Miele (who like me started in his forties) when she was seventy. Besides i kind of think that Ashtanga is as dynamic as you want it to be. You don't have to jump back or jump through, stepping is Ok. in the end it's still all about the breath.

Anna said...

Thanks for that, Grimmly!