Thursday, August 13, 2009

Purvottanasana in Escada


This goes too far now, I know it. There is not enough room for this pose when I have to do it in that direction. Yeah, me in Escada. Escada is broke, but not because of me. I have a nice pair of trousers from this company. (The blouse is from Gap.) No, I don't buy brands, I buy what fits me.
Back to the pose called purvottanasana, the second pose of the first Ashtanga series of the middle part. It builds strength, it is an exhausting pose. There is the tendency that the feet fall apart. This makes the pose easy. To keep the feet parallel is the goal. A little trick is to imagine to stretch the inner part of the legs. It helps. Try it. The feet under my Indonasian chest, the head touching the sofa, but a solution was found.

2 comments:

Arturo said...

hi Ursula
i think an asana rendered in full designer clothes could be very appealing, like the calendar those yogis did in HK a while back.
hugs
Arturo

Ursula said...

Hi Aruturo, I had this calender. I loved it. I actually love it to have real clothes on when pictures of me are taken on not yoga clothes.
hugs

Ursula