Saturday, June 06, 2009

Three women and three handbags

On their last day our Indian colleagues gave each women of the team an Indian hand bag. They put three handbags on one desk of our room and we could decide which one we wanted. I knew at once which one I wanted. It was not only a matter of good manners and politeness to wait till our youngest colleague would return, but also a bit of sensitivity. Soon she came, had made obviously a quick decision, took quickly one of the handbags, laughed and was happy.
Now two handbags were left on the desk and 2 women. My preferred one was still there. I asked my pregnant colleague to make a choice and assured her that every decision would be best for me. She took the colorful one, the one I would have taken.

Then I looked at the bag that was still on the desk and I knew that I got exactly the bag that was perfect and most beautiful for me. I am so glad that I made no decision, but that I let life happen. We all got "our" handbag and we are all happy.

No decision was necessary to make.

7 comments:

Andrew said...

Beautiful! :-)

Ursula said...

It is difficult to see from the picture how large the hand bag is. I can put a book in it, this is absolutely perfect for me. :)

joy suzanne said...

:)

Tracy said...

so, you see, when you give up some handbags..you get more in return!
like money..when you give you get...such a Great story and such a Beautiful Bag U!!! what a Happy Day! xo

Tracy said...

so you see, when you give up some handbags..you get one in return!! Beautiful bag and even a better story! xo

Ursula said...

Hi Tracy, this was the next aspect that came into my mind. I created a bit of a vacuum and soon it disappeared. I had this vacuum a week. But other vacuums need longer to be filled.

xoxo. U

Fatou said...

What a lovely and delicate looking bag. No choice was clearly the right choice!