Saturday, June 20, 2009

A late practice, but a good one

Late I was on my mat only to experience an excellent practice. Not a single asana was omitted and I enjoyed them all. I sweated, was flexible and strong. Exactly what I needed to go on with fresh motivation.
Highlights: I dropped back again from standing position into urdhva dhanurasana. Loved it.

Around my yoga practiced I want to build my life and not the other way round. This practice centers my life.

Ahhhhh, so good. When it is over I have the feeling that I could go on and on and on. But this is not true. After such an intensive practice the body wants to relax.
Pranayama was great, too. To play and observe the breath is so beautiful.

2 comments:

Kaivalya said...

I feel the same about my yoga practice - wanting to build my life around it because it centers me. This year, I've found a stable routine of practice and I can't imagine a day going by without being on the mat (even if only for a short while).

Every time you talk about your dropbacks, it makes me smile!

Ursula said...

It is wonderful to have this practice availbale daily.

I am still proud of my dropbacks. I couldn't do it as a child, finally I learnd it with 50 and I never believed that I would be able to do it. It is each time like a little miracle. smile.