Monday, June 29, 2009

A few sun salutations

My morning practice lasted not very long. I had the energy for a few sun salutations. It is important to do a bit, this can be enough from time to time. I feel mercy with myself. I had good practices during the weekend. So....

On my positive attitude to feelings that we don't want so much like, discontentment, fear, sadness, hopelessness, desperation and so on. I know that only because these feelings exist it is also possible to experience joy, satisfaction, hope, happiness, optimism.
This I can remember when not so nice feelings visit me. I know nothing lasts forever. I observe: how does it look like when I am discontent, sad? I would even go so far to say that I enjoy all of my feelings. They show me that I am alive.

Office hell awaits me now for another week. I will greet my colleagues before reading my emails. When I've read the emails usually I don't want to be polite anymore. 99% of the emails consists of pointing at mistakes that I shall have made, manager on cc. In half of the cases it is not true, and in the other cases it is not really important. So, first greeting, then reading. 9 more months and it is will be over.

I have also highlights during these 9 months:
July: Workshop with Danny Paradise.
August: It is summer time, what else can I wish
September: nada
October: chocolate fair in Paris with yogis.
November: Dubai with E.
..............to be continued.

2 comments:

Karen said...

You know, you said the manager likes you. That's the important thing. You did not say whether you respond to the emails. You mentioned not bothering to be polite anymore.
I think if I were you, I'd just delete them without responding. If they can't get a rise out of you anymore, they may stop. Just a thought.

EarthlyTemple said...

I have found if I don't do my little bit each day, the whole day somehow wraps itself up in the cars of ths world that by time I have a few moments to myself, it is time to sleep! (and I am way too tired by then..gosh, and the kids aren't even here anymore!!)
You pointed out a good reminder for me today:
I can enjoy all of my feelings, even the not-so-happy ones because they mean I am alive!
We lost a dear young friend a few weeks ago to cancer. Looking back today over his 7 year fight, I noticed that he always lived in the here andnow and yet looked forward to eternity.
What wisdom in a 20 year old man!
Thanks you for the post and may your office in-box surprise you with good words for your heart :)

Namaste :)