Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The "Old Widow" is in the fridge

My wine dealer in Berlin was even a bit more dramatic: "You don't drink the old widow, do you?" he asked me and frowned his front when I wanted to buy a bottle of "Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin". Ah, I thought he only wants to sell another brand but I love the Clicquot, perhaps because it was my first Champagne that I drank, and perhaps because it has this special taste. Wink, for those who know......

Yes, birthday planning is going on.
To have a bottle of champagne in the fridge for my 50th is important, that's for sure.

PS: Perhaps a bit of explanation: The champagne company, see above, was conducted in the last years by the widow of the former owner. Something like that I've heard.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Ha! The widow is on ice! Ha! Ha! Ha! :-)