Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We yogis and yoginis, we have our bodies

Many sports activities use a tool: skis, a bicycle, perhaps even a car, a batter, a ball, a skateboard or what ever.

We yogis and yoginis, we have our bodies (and a mat).
We must care for our bodies as this is the instrument we work with. Good food, enough water will keep the body healthy. Well-groomed hands and feet make the body most beautiful. Lotion for the skin to protect it from drying out makes the skin smooth. A relaxed face, an upright body reminds us of treating us well.
We have knowledge about our anatomy, what to do when injured and sick.
We give ourselves enough sleep, so that we are relaxed.

And I will pamper my body with a sauna on Thursday. It's very good for the body and the mind.
What do you do for your perfect body?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ursula,
So true! The thought of not having clean, callous free feet when I teach or take a class just makes me crazy...and that goes for any body odor too!

I am very fond of doing sesame seed oil self massage at least once a week. It keeps skin soft and also helps oil up the joints.

I also see the difference in my body when I eat a lot of leafy greens and drink lots of water :)

Have a great day!

Yogi Jenna said...

Hi Ursula,
Just stumbled onto your blog today--I really appreciated your insights, and this blog in particular caught my eye. I am also a blogging yogi and spent today writing about how simplicity can create health--I really think we all KNOW the things we need to do to take care of ourselves, its just a matter of making that a priority before it becomes a necessity!
www.livingroomyogi.blogspot.com