Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I wrote out a prescription for myself

I have to go to the shalas as often as possible. I make too many breaks. It may be that I lost strength and that it is difficult to practice 90 min, but in a shala with all the other aspirants around myself it's easier to go on when it gets tough. At home I relax and take a break when I feel a weakness. More is possible, I know this. (ambitious)

First series today. I tried to keep the chest open when I bent forward. This means that I pulled my shoulders back and down. I held sometimes upward facing dog for several breaths to intensify the back bending. This was supposed to be a preparation for the big back bending called urdhva dhanurasana.

Urdhva dhanurasana: I used again the strap around my legs to keep the legs parallel. My hands must walk much further to the feet. It's a long way to go. It's a fact: Till some poses are mastered it can take years. But back bending feels good (when it is over). I feel refreshed. Check SpellingReally.

Time to go on with my life.

No comments: