Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"Hi, I just come from may mat."

I practiced. Tuesday is my back bending day, second Ashtanga series. I like to do full vinyasas. That way I honor each pose separately. When I start freshly from samasthiti I try to remember the name of the next asana before looking up and before inhaling.

I used the strap around my legs just above the knees when I did laghu vajrasana, kapotasana and urdhva dhanurasana. This makes these poses more difficult, but more correctly, too.
Practicing laghu vajrasana means to go down. Somehow I cheat myself out of the pose and come up somehow.
Kapotasana means I push myself up from lying position. These poses are new to me and I'm learning them step by step. Slowly I enjoy the trip from knowing nothing about a pose till performing them as it is supposed to be (not perfectly).

I see how important it is to develop a friendly attitude towards the own learning speed and to learning in general. Learning something means firstly that I'm not able to do what I want to learn. The learning process also implies setbacks. Isn't it a joy to be so curious and to be so motivated to try new poses, and not to be stopped by the effort that is required? I have this curious attitude when I try kapotasana, but urdhva dhanurasana frustrates me. My feeling is that I've worked already too long on that pose. I know that I make progress, but for my discontent mind, progress does not come fast enough.

Practice is over. When it is over I'm always relaxed and happy that I practiced. But not only this. I'm already hankering for the next practice. But when it's time to practice again it's possible that it is difficult to start.

No comments: