Monday, December 08, 2008

On food

"Do these grapes have stones?"
"Do these tangerines have stones?" That's what we want to know when we buy fruits. Preferably the fruit is without a stone, then nothing bothers the tongue, it's all soft and juicy.

But what does this mean? At one of the parties we talked about this. Some of the guests realized that there was no stone in the offered grapes. With the stone the grapes reproduce themselves. The grapes without a stone are raised. They became so weak through this artificial process that they are no more able to reproduce themselves. The nutritional value goes to zero then, but nothing bothers the tongue. What a success.

With my new knowledge I buy fruits with a stone, and I bite the stone.
I think this is rather interesting. It's also interesting how less we know about what we eat.

2 comments:

Noodlegirl said...

I just want to let you know that I so enjoy your blog. Please come to my blog I have a little something waiting for you.

Ursula said...

Thank you very much. :)