Tuesday, December 09, 2008

On commission

I must follow the slightest impulse. Only 3 years I postponed to sell my bags and yoga blankets. So this morning I took inventory: I have 20 bags with the pepper motiv on it, 20 bags with the abstract pattern, 23 bags with different motives (the one with the women on it, I kept for myself). And I have these 24 little bags. As soon as I knew what I had I headed with some samples to the shop where the shop owner wanted to see my goods. He offered me to put the bags in the window on a commission base. It's OK.

Most shops will take goods on commission, I guess. They don't want to risk to loose money. I make experiences and this is important.

I will check now, where the flee markets are in Munich. Why not?
I will put an ad in a paper "Kurz und fündig" to sell my ski with ski shoes for self-collectors. I have ski for years, but I hate to be outside too long, when it is cold.

I must face it, perhaps no employer will hire me and then I have to stand again on my own feet.
One of my former colleagues used to say: those who can sell insurances can sell everything. And I sold incredible many insurances, I always got the bonus. I remember, I even sat under the Christmas tree on the 24th December because I still needed to sell an insurance to get that extra money. Whatever, money must come in.

This red velvet pair of trousers (I never wore it) and the top (I never wore it) will go to Ghana. I must contact R. today to give it to her.

What I learned about bags: There are summer bags and winter bags. People want an inside pocket for their mobile phones. "These bags have a great floor, so you can find everything at once," I told the owner, "one of these bags I'm using by myself." Our conversation was very friendly.

No comments: