Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mysore class this morning

It was helpful that I had an appointment with C. at the yoga shala. So I managed it to get up on time. It was seven when I was in my kitchen preparing a cup of coffee.

Next time it will be easier to go out of the house into the cold, because I know what I can expect. Mysore class at the Jivamukti studio was great. We were about 8 people, 1 man was among the women. One woman practiced third series, I thought I couldn't trust my eyes. One woman had a cheat sheet in front of her mat. I would call this a mixed class. I looked around a bit, I'm a curious person.

What was really great was that I had really enough room to spread my arms and I could profit from the energy of a committed group. I had placed my mat next to the heater. Somehow I must have feared that I could feel cold. Next time I know it better. I will place my mat a bit further away from the heater. The room had a very good temperature for Ashtanga yoga. It was warm inside.

Urdhva dhanurasana: J. helped me. She wanted me to come up on my own. So far I try to drop down. I think this should be easier, only fear of falling on the head holds me back. J. gave me time to try to come up on my own. I felt like a heavy wet sack. I couldn't move one inch. The hint I got was good: Shift your weight to the balls on your feet. J. told me that it was easy for her to bring me to a standing position. It sounded as if she wanted to tell me that I am no more so far away from coming up on my own. I don't feel that. I know that I do not weight much. I am busy with this pose, that's good. To come up is as important as it is drop down, I see.

Then chatting with C. in a nice cafe round the corner. The morning was spent very nicely that way.
For luncheon I met a former colleague. It was nice to meet her and to hear stories of a world I've already left behind me.

(Oh, my new laptop is great. I got my Christmas present already before Christmas. It's red, my new laptop. I think: Oh darling, such a nice gift and only for me. :)

2 comments:

Anna said...

Ooooh, a nice new laptop! I'm thinking of ditching my IBM Think pad for a sexy Apple Macbook...

Ursula said...

It's good to update everything from time to time.

I am so happy with my new toy.