Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday practices CAN be great

Practices like those of today keep me going. I know it was already late when I practiced, and the body is softer a bit later the day. I don't care. It was good today, I was focused, only a few times I needed a break. I did full vinyasas. Body was flexible.

Supta kurmasana: I tried to put my legs behind the head first, one after the other. It was rather easy today, but my legs don't remain there. I have to hold them. Then I crossed my legs in front of the head first, then I tried to hook the fingers, which was not possible. Then I only hooked the fingers and made the big toes touch. This was possible today. I played with this pose, I'm still looking for a perfect approach.

Urdhva dhanurasana: 3 times I lifted myself up, breathed deeply, remained as long as I could. 3 times I arched back as far as possible from standing position. My hand are too far away from the floor, my palms face the wall and not the floor. Perhaps a prayer will help. But I do not believe in prayers, so I will go on with doing it - again and again. The resistance to do this pose is no more so strong. This is a good sign.

Savasana: I was fluttered. Practice was rather long, the time said that it was already 3 o'clock. This made me a bit nervous. So many things still have to be done. For 5 min I remained in savasana.

No comments: