Saturday, December 06, 2008

I managed it to practice - it was already evening

I had to practice today, as I didn't like to have a break of 3 days. Tomorrow I will sit at 6:20 a.m. in the train to Göttingen, we'll be back after midnight. We are invited at a birthday party. There will be no time for a yoga practice.

I had to find the way to the mat today and so it also happened. I am very glad that I practiced. I even did full vinyasas most of the time.
Supta kurmasana I did twice and I could hook the fingers.
Urdhva dhanurasana I did it. Three times I lifted me up from the floor, three times I arched back from standing position.
These 2 poses and marichyasana c and d are the challenges of the first series.

Vinyasas - jumping through: It's coming.
What helps me:
- to go to the balls of the feet before jumping,
- to imagine to go to a handstand and to remain there with legs crossed. As soon as I think that I want to jump through the movement gets worse. To balance on the hands is a good goal.
- to look foward and not down
- not to give up
Nevertheless the foot is still grinding on the floor, I can hear it and I can feel it. Each time it's like a little shock and it exasperates me.

This evening I am invited to a Nikolaus party. I will go, E. will be busy at home. Most of the people I don't know, but that's why I am going. I am curious. I will stay an hour or so, to get up at 4 a.m. tomorrow is not so easy.

No comments: