Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Christmas party

It was in the beginning: I was sitting on a bar chair around a round table with some people. Then the man opposite to me, canted over his full glass of red wine. The red wine went on my white jacket and on my pair of trousers. It all happened so quickly that I couldn't move away. I felt wet then. I had to put off my warm jacket, because it was spoilt. The unlucky fellow apologized several times, but I didn't answer. I was angry. Such an awful mishap.

As I'm not a child of sadness, I forgot about it, clothes dried, and I talked with other people. Some knew that I was in India and wanted to know how it was. Oh, I like to talk about India. One of the men had google earth on his i-phone. We searched for Mysore and Gokulam. Ashtanga yoga was mentioned in Gokulam. This mobile phone also had another feature: It could recognize which music was playing. But after another hour the music was getting louder and louder. I had to shout in order to tell something and it was difficult to understand what people said. I wanted to go. I still need my ears. Here I am again. Clothes are in the washing machine. I hope I get them clean again.

No comments: