Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Reflexions (on the birthday party)

It was noticed that some were no more among the guests. They passed away - my grandma two years ago and a cousin of my father a few weeks ago. Death is of course not a topic at a party. A relative asked me if I was informed about the sudden death of S. . Of course I was, but that was it. The others could still celebrate, have a party. Was it only conscious to me that life can be over so quickly. Life is limited. Nothing goes on for ever. When this comes to my conscious I admonish myself: enjoy what is, as much as you can. Be awake. Don't sleep.

There are those who couldn't come due to illnesses.

There are those who came with pain, chronic pain, but still alive, still trying to enjoy what is offered - best food, wine, polite conversation. Attitude became already a bit modest. I mean the pain, always, it might really be a limitation.

There are those , who are still greedy for life. Now, always now. More, more we seem to shout, more, deeper, ahhhh, now. It is not yet enough. To wait for the end is boring. We are ready for everything. Where is the next horse to ride, the next person to meet, the next country to discover? Life has left traces in the face, but this is all not important. We still feel sexy, no matter how old we are.
For us greedy ones the party is over one day too. Perhaps we remember this more often than the others. That's why we are a little bit more courageous like the others?

(Am I glad that I travelled to India.)

2 comments:

Begin - writing, yoga, and more said...

I like this post a lot. There's a lot to think about.

Namaste,
M

Ursula said...

Thank you Marie.

The party. Different energies meet, this is always exciting.

Namaste,
U