Thursday, October 23, 2008

OMG, I just learned...

....how difficult it is to live in this world. So many people are poor. 10% of the German population is poor and everybody can become poor every day. There are series killers walking around. To get a job is almost impossible. Shares go down. And dogs are not allowed in Canadian hotels. OMG. Personal crises, economic crisis, crisis whereever one looks.

I shouldn't watch so much TV. This depresses me.

Can I resist to watch the little movie about the private detective with his two assistants?

8 comments:

Anna said...

We don't have a tv. So much hysteria and misinformation and negativity and humiliation. I check out BBC webpage or radio headlines. So much crap I can't do a thing about so I don't want it coming into my head. After 35years of intense news following - no more.

Ursula said...

You are very right. I have not have time to watch TV during the last year. And I haven't missed anything. I will become more picky again. I have a daily economic newspaper. This should be enough to be informed.

It is really shocking or boring.

Kevin said...

Its the definition of "poor" in Europe. Even the poor in Germany and England have food and a TV. Its when you visit other countries like India and see what being truly poor is, no food, no roof, no hope.

Thomas said...

Yet many people in the poorer countries seem happier than Westerners

Ursula said...

They seem to be happier, but who really knows.......

Ursula said...

Hi Kev, of course, the definition of poor is different.

I really shouldn't watch too much TV.

Kevin said...

It seems true that people in so called poorer countries seem happier with their life and more happy to share what little they do have. I was in Laos last year, in every village each family has a rice store, there is an extra store which they all contribute to in case one family has difficulties.

I hardly watch tv at all nowadays, apart from football on Saturday nights.

Ursula said...

That's what I've learned. TV is very bad for the soul. Only bad news.