Saturday, October 04, 2008

Meditation - twice a day

I am not yet back to a stable morning and evening routine.
But yesterday in the evening and this morning I managed it to meditate. It was surprisingly good. I am very motivated due to the lecture by Levine "A gradual awakening".
Suffering means to wish to be somewhere else, he wrote. To live in the present moment is what I practice when I meditate, I practice to be happy with what is. And it is wonderful to sit in my warm room on my Indian blanket.
Levine also writes about restlessness, a feeling that I experience rather often when I meditate. During meditation one can exercise not to act to that restlesness, but to observe, to observe restlessness. It is a possibility to see that through awareness automatic reactions can be interrupted.

Ha, what a joy, I just got a phone call and an invitation to a ballet on Tuesday evening. Tralalitralala.

2 comments:

Maya Ahu said...

ohhh it should be great to sit twice a day... I only manage once in the morning. but now you put it in my mind, I will sit in the evenings also or do one of Osho meditations.

Ursula said...

It is good to sandwich the day.:)

Btw, when you walk up the street where Shiva has his house, on the right side lives a man who is very often in the Ashram in Pune. He offers from time to time meditations like Vipanasana. You will find out easily where he lives.

All the best.

Ursula