Monday, August 04, 2008

Practice in the shala this morning

Many many Ashtangis were at the shala today again.

I had a wonderful intensive practice.
My feet did not touch the floor when I did the transition from tittibasana to bakasana after supta kurmasana. If this is not a highlight, I do not know anymore what a highlight is.

The breath is the most important thing when I practice. Everything else follows. I forget a lot of things, but I always try to remember the breath.

Here I have the feeling that I make progress. Is it the energy in the room that helps me so much? Is it because I am so relaxed? Perhaps both and more. I do not know why, but it is great to practice here.

Something funny at the end: Oh yes, I admired this boy from this very nice English women. He was not able to be quit for a fracture of a second. The practice must have been a torture for him. Today Saraswati told him to practice on the stage. She did it with a smile. It was his last day today. I guess we all had to smile. If the attention that one gets on a stage has helped him? I can scarcly believe it. I hope he enjoyed it.
His sister has a lovely practice. I heard from her mother that she loved it to practice next to me, but I felt the same. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ursula,

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I love reading about it.

All the best!

Tara

Ursula said...

Oh, thank you Tara.

All the best for you, too.

Ursula