Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A nice story found in the book "After the ecstasy, the laundry"

Page 110 (After the ecstasy, the laundry by Jack Kornfield)

A disciple of Zen sent his master faithful accounts of his spiritual progress.
In the first month, the student wrote, "I feel an expansion of consciousness and experience oneness with the universe."
The master glanced at the note and threw it away.
The following month, this is what the student had to say: "I finally discovered that the Divine is present in all things."
The master seemed disappointed.
In his third letter the desciple enthusiastically explained, "The mystery of the One and teh many has been revealed to my wondering gaze."
The master yawned.
The next letter said, "No one is born, no one lives, and no one dies, for the self is not."
The master threw up his hands in despair.
After that month passed by, then two, then five, then a whole year. The master thought it was time to remind his disciple of his duty to keep him informed of the spiritual progress.
The disciple wrote back, "I am simply living my life. And as for spiritual practice, who cares?"
When the master read that he cried, "Thank God. He has got it at last."

No blogging more for today. I will have to relax at the hotel. I will perhaps order one of these delicious juices there. I will burn some incence, I will meditate for a while, I will probably chanting aumm. Then I will sleep. Hopefully I will be fit tomorrow morning - THE PRACTICE. Now I am feeling even feverish.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Ursula -
I like the story!

Take care of your throat. Did you find a clinic yet? Maybe some tea?Spicy food should help too...

What is an interesting thing that you've seen as you "drive" around?

I was thinking of you yesterday. We went to the beach at La Jolla and watched seals swimming in the Pacific surf. On the sand there was a large flat stone, like a lounge chair. It felt good to lay upon it and then do a bit of bridge pose while the surf threatened to splash upon me. My husband was teasing me (nicely) for doing yoga in public- Really, who would be that crazy of not caring what other people think?!

But I think the edge of the ocean is one of the nicest places to do poses.

Or maybe India :)!

Take care,
M

Ursula said...

Interesting things (bad writing), is little shops, the people, who are so busy. The traffic that I have already described. Animals, busses, pedestrinas are all on one road. Then again huge buildings.

It is difficult to describe.
Next week I plan to use my own PC. Ganesh will help me and then I can upload pictures.

Yes, I take care, I am cautious.

U

I do yoga everywhere. And so much more. Who are other people?
The edge of the ocean is a wonderful place to do yoga. By the way I was already at La Jolla. Nice place. :)

Aaron Hoopes said...

great story!
thanks for reminding me of it...
wishing you much peace