Sunday, March 30, 2008

Out of breath

I had a wild practice today. Very intensive. Highlights paved my way. But I wondered why I was so out of breath.

Pashasana: I could hook my fingertips. Parivritta parsva konasana prepares pashasana. In order to intensify this pose I stretched one arm through my legs and grasped the other arm. This helps to twist even more.

Laghu vajrasana: I dropped down till my head touched the floor. My hands are on my calves and function as a brake when I drop down. To get up the same way as I got down is the challenge. I found out how I can do it. I pressed my hands towards the soles of my feet. That way I could lift me up. When up I was in ushrasana again.

Eka pada sirsasana: I should be glad that I can take the foot behind the head. I remember a time where this was not possible. But I'm not really glad. I want the feet to stay without holding it. But how to accomplish this. Just to go on is perhaps the secret.

Urdhva dhanurasana: To drop back from standing position won't happen in the morning. This pose is a challenge.

My neck is still not really OK, so I did no chakrasana.
I'm happy that I had such an intensive practice. Savasana was deep relaxation.

No comments: