Saturday, March 08, 2008

Food and a quote

First I had a miso soup, then 9 vegan sushi rolls. As beverage I had ordered an apple-cinnemon tea. It was good together. I stopped at a local restaurant this afternoon and I had my dinner there.

I thought it was a good idea to do grocery shopping with a full stomach.

But I had a message on my answering machine from my bf when I arrived at home: He will arrive here in Munich at 10 p.m. I won't cook anymore. I don't care when he is late. He was always late, I do not expect him to be on time. It's freedom that we both enjoy. With less expectations a friendship is easier.

I finished my evening with a dark chocolate with orange flavour and a glas of Bordeaux.

I quote: Jed McKenna - Spiritual warfare - page 73 ff.
"Okay," she says through self-conscious laughter,"if you had to be an ingredient on a Big Mac, which one would you be? And why?"
I laugh too.
"That's your question?" I say. "Where's you get a question like that?"
"A Human Resources manager asked me in an interview fo an intern-ship one summer."
"What did you answer?"
"Let's not make this about me."
I wait.
"It cought me off guard," she says. which was probably the point. I said I'd be the special sauce because it's bold yet mysterious."
We both laugh at that.
"What's so mysterious about the special sauce?" I ask.
"Isn't it a secret recipe or something?"
"I don't know. I thought it was Thousand Island dressing."
"I don't know either. I'd never even ever eaten one; I just knew the ingredients from the commercials."
"Did you get the job?"
"Internship. Yes, I got it. So how would you anser if Maggie (the daughter) asked? Which ingredient of a Big Mac would you be?"
"Whichever one had the power to terminate its own existence."
She stares at me, not sure if I'm joking.
"No, come on. What would you say if Maggie asked?"
"Whichever one had the power to terminate its own existence."
"Seriously?"
I take a few seconds to see if I have any other answer to the question but I don't.
"Reckon so."
"But really, Jed, think about it. None of the ingredients of a Big Mac have the ability to kill themselves."
"Then I'd kill myself while I still could; before they came."
"Before who came?"
"Whoever was going to turn me into a powerless ingredient."
"You are not answering the spirit of the question."
"I think I am, though I doubt I'd get the job."
"Internship. Suicide wasn't one of the options."
"It wasn't stated, but it was there. It's always there."
"And that would be your answer to the question if Maggie asked it?"
"Well, I can't be sure, but it certainly sounds like something I'd say."
She stares at me for another long moment, then slumps.
"Oh nuts. It does, doesn't it?" She rubs her eyes. "Well, I can't argue with that. She's read your books. We're past the point of no return. Let's go ahead and try it."

Must go on reading before it's bedtime.

No comments: