Friday, January 25, 2008

Up

To give this post the title "Better", when having a coughing attack is a slight exaggeration.

I started my sitting meditation with the thoughts: and today I will have to write the Email to the tax office and.......My job chases me whatever I'm doing. But I was fed up with thoughts about the job. I let go of this thought. And then I had a rather quite sitting session. And I need this quite time.

Yoga started with the thought: I hope I will be able to do all the asanas of the first series today. And I also shoo away this thought. I was fed up with thoughts that burden me with tasks that are not doable. I had not the time for all the asanas today, but what I did had focus and depth. Saturday is coming and then doing all the poses is not a pressure, but a joy, because I will have enough time.

And I cannot complain at all - I even lifted my body up into urdhva dhanurasana - 3 times. I used the bandhas. I could hold the wrist in marichyasana c and d. Forward bending was a pure joy.

I preach, but I do not listen to myself. To stay at home is my advice if someone is ill. But I go to work. It would have been so much better if I stayed at home. My voice is still gone. 2 out of 8 people of our group are ill and at home. Others are ill and at work like me. I think it shows how much stress we have at the moment.

To listen to the body is also so important re eating. I see that I need less and less food. Drinking becomes more important than eating. And quality of course. It is so less food that I need that I must take care that I eat only best food.

I slept well this night and this is a good start for the day. Let's see it like this. But breakfast first.

No comments: