Monday, January 14, 2008

Tired on Monday morning


It was easy to find a title today. I'm tired - I start the week tired and I want to stay in bed for the rest of the week. :)
I got up on time, wrote my morning pages and then I meditated. It was an emotional roller coaster. It can only get better, I thought, but firstly my legs were dump and then I felt the pinholes. But as soon as the blood was running freely for a while this stopped and I rolled out my mat. I did a few surya namaskaras, but soon I felt tired. I stopped yoga and I showered. The cold water at the end seemed to be very cold. I went to bed again. And there I still want to be. And there I want to stay till it is lunch time. But reasonable as I am I prepared another cup of black coffee to wake me up. It is not yet the time to sleep till lunch time.
The week can start. I will be pressed out like a citron. And I will try to lie to myself - pretending that this is fun. Either the current situation will teach me to accept what is or it will teach me to look for alternatives. I shall see. Perhaps I get used to this tour for oxes ( I know this is a German expression which cannot be translated, but I haven't found another word for my working days for the time being). I don't want to work on Saturday anymore. The weekend is for relaxation. This means I will have to work at least 10 hours today. OMG. I'm a celebrity, get me out of here.
I want something sweet for breakfast today.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Ursula -
I just came across your blog while searching for people writing about yoga. I don't know why I was drawn to yours out of the many choices, but I have truly enjoyed reading about your days.
I do yoga regularly through a studio but not much at home yet. I suppose I am somewhere between being experienced and being one of those soap bubble beginners! I do mainly Hatha, some Kundalini.
Thank you for sharing glimpses of your life. I will send good energy your way that your job becomes more enjoyable and energizing.

Ursula said...

Thank you marie for you nice comment.

I know it was a bit provocative to call the yoga of beginners a soap bubbble. I started so many things in my life and I stopped so many things. But somehow I got always back to yoga. And now I'm addicted to Ashtanga and I do it on a regular basis for only 4 years now. Sometimes I'd like to have more Ashtangis here in Munich. But the movement is just starting. And some day we will be many here in Munich, too.

Enjoy your pracitce and best wishes to you, too.

Ursula