Friday, January 18, 2008

Obstacles on the yoga path

...or attack and counter attack.

Time: This was and still is one of the greatest challenges. I used to say that I didn't like to get up before 7 a.m. I realized that this would have meant to stop yoga, when I had to start working again. And now I get up at 5 a.m., every day. Yoga became so important, that I can do it. I miss TV evenings, evenings in bars, but I do not really miss it. It's not easy to find time for oneself, this is why I would call it a challenge.

I sit here with a rose pyjama, my white jacket and a scarf around my neck. Illness is one of the difficulties on the way. I'm rather happy, I'm rather healthy. Sometimes I'm a bit overstretched due to wrong ambition, or perhaps because sometimes it is part of the exercise. Sometimes I have caught a cold, nevertheless a practice is possible, a moderate one. Even ill it is possible to do some asanas. No excuses, please.

Thoughts: Thoughts are a big obstacle. To discuss each and every day if I shall practice or not would mean that I wouldn't practice at all. I stopped discussing my practice - I do it.

There are more obstacles, but I'm done and I have to get up in the morning for yoga practice, this I do not discuss. :)

Good night.

No comments: