Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It should be only for my well-being

I knew that I would regret it all day long if I didn't practice. Take it easy, was the motto today and I practiced, slowly and with some breaks. Breath was not deep, because a deep breath would have provoked coughing.
The practice was better than expected. I emphasized upward facing dog. I feel less and less resistance, doing this pose. I hold it for some breaths, I thought that it would be a good massage for the throat when the head falls backwards. Urdhva dhanurasana was great, too, today. I had not much expectations and I was surprised with a wonderful performance.

This night I slept a bit longer and my coughing this morning is a bit less painful. Of course to stay at home would be better for my health, but it is not the time to do so.

Sitting meditation was accompanied by coughing and scratching, but only a few times. 15 min are also a short time. It's amazing what thoughts came up. They seem so arbitrarily to me, without real meaning. Why do I take these thoughts so seriously sometimes, I wondered.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Ursula -
I've been so sorry to read that you're not feeling well. I guess illness lets us appreciate how healthy we are most of the time.Yesterday I was listening to a CD by Jon Kabat-Zinn and he said, "If you're breathing, there's more right with you than wrong with you." It made me laugh!!

I know that I've heard recently that honey is very good for coughs. In fact, they say that for children a spoon of honey is safer and more effective than OTC medicines. You might try it - can't hurt!
I'm off to my own Yoga class now, but I'll send good energy your way.

Marie

Ursula said...

Dear marie, thank you for your energy. Yes honey is perhaps good, honey and patience.

I feel already better and in a few days I will have forgotten that I had a cold. :)

Have a nice day. Ursula