Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ego

Me: Darling, how can we get rid of our egos?
He: When we try to solve mathematical problems and we are not able to do it.
He added: And when we know that others are able to do it.

The ego thinks in certain patterns: When I put enough effort into something I will succeed, is one of the thinking patterns of the ego. As often as it is true, it is also often not true.

The ego thinks, one has a will, that there is influence.

More and more I see how little influence I have, neither on myself, nor on others. It's a total different thinking that is starting. It is from doing to accepting. It's from fighting to let be. (Even fighting can be accepted and observed). It happens, as other things happen, too. Cosmic law.

It can be a relief to view life that way. It means I cannot succeed and I cannot fail. Everything happens, with or without my effort.

To lean back and to observe what is happening and to be entertained. So I want to live. (I want to stop fighting for each and everything. I want to let life happen).

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Made me chuckle and think too.

Especially as a parent, I get quite attached to making a difference, which is important I think. But at the same time, I do find more and more that whatever it is I do, the universe continues on it's course.

"Let life happen", I like that.

Ursula said...

It's a totally different attitude.

It implies to stay open, to be transparent

Must sleep now. Let it be. :)

Anonymous said...

This is a profoundly different way to meet life. I thinkk you are really on to something.