Sunday, January 20, 2008

Advaita or ready for hospital?

Lately I came across the word Advaita. I have read so many books on spirituality already, but I had to look it up in a dictionary:

Advaita is non-dualism, I could read. Advaita is experienced when I think I am my boyfriend. Or should I be more precise, when I cannot see a a distinction between me and my boyfriend. But Advaita does not stop here. This experience also includes that I'm one with the tree in front of my balcony.

I'm not sure if this will ever happen, but when I think that I'm one with the tree in front of my balcony (oh, I took a picture of it lately, a very beautiful tree by the way), I won't tell it anybody.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein

Reading "I am That" by Nisargadatta Maharaj may help you in understanding advaita.

Ursula said...

Thank you for your comment.

I have the book in my private library, I will read it, probably earlier that I thought I would. :)