Sunday, October 28, 2007

Strength is needed

Strength is needed for second series, too. Perhaps I was already hungry, I started rather late with my practice, but after a while I got weak. I allowed me to take breaks. This didn't alter the fact that I felt exhausted after a while. Finishing was short: salamba sarvangasana, halasana, matsyasana, lotus pose.

Kapotasana: At first I tried to get back while I was on my knees. The wardrobe was close so that I could reach it with my hands. Then I tried to lift me up while lying on the back already. Both variations are very challenging.

Supta vajrasana: I put my meditation cushion behind my feet. This took away a lot of fear of falling on my head. I didn't touch the floor with my head, when I went down, but I guess I was a bit further down.

Urdhva mukkha svanasana: I tried to keep the feet parallel, using the leg muscles and bandhas.

Pincha mayurasana: Mr Freeman has his hands rather separated. Mine were always touching. I tried Freeman's version today and I think it can be helpful.

Vatayanasana: I tried it the first time and it was not that bad.

Gomukhasana: This was performed, too. Mr Freeman sits on his leg, I used to sit on the floor, lower legs beside my body. This time I sat on my leg, too. It's doable, it's even easier.

Breath was deep. That was it. Each practice is different.

2 comments:

Arturo said...

Hi Ursula
For supta vajrasana by yourself, I have tried Karen's trick of taking a rolled up mat and putting it behind your back. You can get pretty far back, and you can get back up even while your feet are lotus bound and you're grabbing them from behind with arms crossed.
cheers,
Arturo

Arturo said...

Hi Ursula
For supta vajrasana by yourself, I have tried Karen's trick of taking a rolled up mat and putting it behind your back. You can get pretty far back, and you can get back up even while your feet are lotus bound and you're grabbing them from behind with arms crossed.
cheers,
Arturo