Saturday, September 29, 2007

Concentration

I practiced. It was better than yesterday. Slowly I get back to the strength and flexibility that I had before my little break. I remained on the mat, I was focused on the breath. The challenge was to accept that I wasn't that flexible and not so strong either. I didn't omit an asana, I did them all. Longer than usual I sat in lotus pose and breathed deeply and evenly.

I was concentrated and this is a form of strength too, inner strength.

I can be happy. My back still hurts, but only a little bit. To go slowly into the poses is important.
That's what I've learned from the last injury.

The sun starts shining. I will walk downtown. Boyfriend will come with me. He is back from Sweden and busy with his emails as usual.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Ursula~
Something came to me while reading your blog entry...and it was..that "sometimes we have to take a step back in order to go forward" and it seems to be true for you at this time. Lessons...
Wishing you the best always~
Tracy

Ursula said...

Hi Tracy,

yoga has so many aspects.I discover new ones at the moment. I'm also happy that I'm able to do meditation, to sit. This I can do also when the body needs time out.

It's an interesting journey with many surprises.

Hope you are well and best wishes.

Ursula