Friday, September 07, 2007

After 20 min I stop

Zazen: today I thought after the 20 min: oh, I could go on for a while. But I didn't go on. Everything has an end, so my Zazen practice. It's good to be conscious of this fact. At the end of my life I cannot say, now I still need another 4 hours. To stop after a certain time is a good exercise to use the available time. And 20 min are enough.

I used the time for dreaming activities today. They come up. It's difficult to stop these activities of the brain. Many posts were written, stories came up. I sat quite, breath was even and watched all this. I was not really attached to the stories, but now the time is over.

Ashtanga: I wait another day. Back still hurts, so the arm, even though everything is much better. Very slowly I will practice tomorrow morning. So curious how it will be.

Work: I had a very good day yesterday. I had so many "problems" on my desk, but slowly with a positive attitude, that I will be able to do it, I started. I asked people when I was stuck and I got help. Why shall I desperate when others know the solution. Deadlines today as well, but it is the last day of the week. It's nice to have an end here, too.

3 comments:

magallanica said...

Dear Ursula,

You are reaping the fruits of your commitment in unexpected ways: an expanding peace of mind at work, this grateful love from a bunch of privileged readers who are enjoying and learning from your progress and your kindness to share it publicly, real flexibility, a more kind and listening relationship with your body and its limits.
Zazen, like ashtanga is saying: "You are enough, no need to prove others nor yourself anything. Just do, just be, no further ambitious aims".

Once more, thank you.
This beautiful, simple, humble yet meaningful path you are going through has become one of my teachers.

With much love,
Paz

Tracy said...

Good Girl my friend!
I am so proud of you for "taking rest" as our beloved Guruji would say...your body will be loving you for it as well! I know from past experience with running injuries. Sometimes you have to do the inevitable. Stop.
Namaste~
Happy upcoming weekend and practice. Sending you healing from California!
Tracy

Ursula said...

Thank you very much, so wonderful comments.