Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My morning yoga routine

I was on the mat and I practiced. Body was willing and mind, too. But was it a good practice? Not really. But it is these practices, these ordinary practices, that make the good ones possible. These average practices are a good reminder to exercise being content. Suddenly my wrist of the right hand hurt. I suddenly knew: it can always get worse.

Content, that I practiced. It's 6 o'clock in the morning and I practice this demanding Ashtanga series - this is something. And I remembered: after 10 years it gets easier.

Some details:
Headstand gets better. I pull the shoulders away from the ears, I use the bandhas and I try to have a straight back. I feel very stable in that pose now.
Kapotasana: When my hands touch the wardrobe, I try to hold the pose a few breaths. I want to get used to that position.
Savasana: what a pleasure. My reward. Suddenly I noticed that I had done something. Body felt well and I was relaxed.

No comments: