Sunday, January 28, 2007

On thinking


I thought: "Ashtanga yoga is very good." Is this thinking? Of course not. An idea came up, nothing more.

Thinking starts when I ask i.e. what is the best at Ashtanga, what is the worst at Ashtanga. Ashtanga yoga keeps me flexible, I learn to concentrate, it makes me happy. But I can be hurt also when I do Ashtanga. I takes so much time that I'm no more able to clean my rooms, I always want to go home from work at 6 p.m. are the more negative aspects.

Or I start thinking when I ask what other people might think about Ashtanga. My boyfriend i.e. might think that in earlier times I wanted to spend all my holidays with him, now I wanted to go to India. What would a comedian make out of Ashtanga yoga if he/she liked to use it in a show? What would my grandma think? What do the colleagues think, former friends, someone who does yoga for 30 years and so on?

To find out what is the worst, what the best issue, or to examine a thing from a different point of view is, where thinking starts. Then, after all this thinking, it might be possible to decide what is best for oneself.

What is the conclusion? To think needs time. Do I have time?
Yes, the pictures shows a part of Munich downtown.

2 comments:

CJ said...

I think that most people think it's all a bit weird: going to bed early, waking up early to practice, refusing to go out during the week with friends and collegues(who make fun of me sometimes), spending holidays in retreats or in Mysore...It's a way of life, not a hobby. My bf has grown to accept this and supports me even if he becomes a bit of a yoga widow sometimes!

Ursula said...

Oh, my boyfriend absolutely supports me re yoga. He picks me up from the studios, sometimes he even has to wait. He pays for workshops. I cannot complain.

It was only to show that there can be different perspectives, different views.

But you are so right, yoga is not a hobby, it is a life style, a way of thinking and so on.