Sunday, January 21, 2007

Chronic unwillingness

Chronic unwillingness: That's how a Scottish man, who had lived for more than a decade in Germany, described us Germans at B's birthday party. I remembered at once: I don't want to go to work tomorrow (chronic unwillingness). Finally I have a word for it. And it is not me alone who is so, it is as we Germans are, it is part of the German mentality. That's it. What for a relief.

I loved it to speak English. It was only possible when the Scotsman needed a break for breathing. This was not that often. But I could talk enough. I was glad that this time it was not me, who entertained the people the entire afternoon. I often speak too much. I also liked it to listen to English.

I had a very nice afternoon and B. liked my present - a journal.

No comments: