Thursday, November 30, 2006

After work - before Tollwood (best christmas market)

I'm in an internet caffee close to the station. I like the atmosphere here. I have still some time till I will meet E. and some collegues of him and then we'll pick up E.'s mother from the station. She is coming from the North of Germany today.

I guess I have a new role model to fight my after work tiredness. G. is coming from the North of Germany, I already mentioned this. She left home this morning. In the middle of Germany she had to change trains. She missed her train and so she had to wait. It is November and it is cold here. She is on her legs since the early morning, carrying heavy suitcases.

When she will arrive E., her favourite son takes her to the Tollwood (very good international christmas market). There she has to walk around. The whole program includes eating food, drinking Glühwein, going from stand to stand, buying things, chatting. We will be at a tent where they will play life music later. Probably the music that is played is not her favourite music as the clients of those parties are young people. Tiredness. Have I heard the word out of her mouth. No. She is over 75 years old, whatever is the suggestion she will be a part of the group.

This reminds me of my grandma. She was ready to do anything, too. Only between 1 p.m and 3 p.m. she wanted to sleep, her afternoon sleep.

As soon as I hear the word tiredness in my mind after work I will change it to excitment. Life is excited, no after work depletion anymore from now on.

No comments: