Friday, September 15, 2006

Yoga is more than asanas



As soon as I'm back home the crap starts. People are involved, but that's not the reason why I don't go into details. Why concentrate on problems which might occur in the future? That's my current status of thinking. It took me a while to get there.

What for an advice does the yoga philosophy offer? I think one thing is to be in the present. Almost 90 percent of all problems (by the way, what is a problem?) are in the future. What takes me into the here and now? My yoga practice, the asanas, yes, the good old asanas. I went to a business yoga class (Jivamukti yoga) at 12 o'clock. It was demanding and I sweated not in the past, not in the future, but in the here and now. I enjoyed the little massage for my neck at the end of the hour.

To take pictures is another activity that takes me in the here and now. I walk around and I'm looking for beautiful, interesting views. My eyes are looking around in the here and now.

No, I don't close my eyes for what might come. Everything I can do is done. Why not enjoy life now. Life is beautiful.

4 comments:

Tim said...

Amen sister.

Ursula said...

Oh, I'm blushing, I didn't intend to preach. Shall I delete this entry?

Wayne said...

You aren't preaching, just reminding what is important. Love the picture, how funny!

Tiffersll said...

CUTE PIC! He's my uncle you know...

hahaha just kidding.