Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Ashtanga yoga first


I woke up at 4 a.m. at night. I think that my accounting job activities touch me more as I'd like to admit. It was difficult to sleep again. I was sure that I wouldn't get up at 7 a.m. My boyfriend switched off the alarm clock at 7 a.m. As I didn't hear it I slept till 9 a.m. I must finally fell asleep during the morning hours.

This time I wanted to practice first. I had a light breakfast first. I thought that I needed the energy which the food would provide. The CD by Sharat helped me again. I practiced till the end of the standing sequence with the CD. Then I switched to second series. It was not at all easy after a break of 3 days. I said to myself to have confidence and when I practice all will come. I continued till eka pada sirsasana. I sweated. I did the closing sequence with the CD again. Next time I will do urdvha dhanurasana and paschimotanasana before going on with sarvanghasana. These 2 asanas needs to be practiced every day. In the book by Swensen they are added to the closing sequence. My left leg still hurts. But it is always better after the practice.

It was good that I practiced. Progress does not come overnight.

Now I am ready to fill in the forms.

Attached is another picture that I took downtown Munich yesterday while waiting.

No comments: