Sunday, June 25, 2006

Oh, my Lord .....

I really want to go with you, ....

I just came home from the Jivamukti Yoga studio. It was wonderful. Patrick led us through the open hour. Open means it is for advanced practitioners. What I could see ( I looked a little bit around) there were a lot of advanced students there. In the beginning Patrick chanted as if he were already from another world. So did the group. And I enjoyed the chanting, too. Suddenly I noticed that I smiled. I had forgotten everything. The sound of the chanting people was wild. It was full with passion. One mat was next to another mat. The room was crowded. So many aspirants. It was hot and this was good, too. It was a Jivamukti Yoga class, but so many asanas are practiced in the first Ashtanga series as well. I sweated from head to toe. During the class the CD player was on. The Beatles, but also aries came from it. I thought that when they play songs during the practice in the shala, I can do it also at home without thinking that this is not true yoga. Patrick led us with a strong voice, which I liked. I could hear him very well, despite the rather loud music. Now I feel as if I am ready to take on anything. (But I'm too lazy to prepare a decent meal).

In the morning I got up too late. It was eleven o'clock to be precise. I knew that it would be difficult to practice. After my morning pages I cleaned the bathroom, I cleaned the cupboard under the sink. This was absolutly necessary. I entered my expenses into the PC. This was necessary, too. I'm happy that I attacked these unthankful tasks. Now I will relax a little bit and then I think we will watch TV. And I will plan my day tomorrow. I don't want to feel lost in space.

No comments: