Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Morning routine

It is late in the evening, about midnight (soccer time at the moment, but we use to go to bed late all the time). I ask my boyfriend: "When do you have to get up tomorrow? I just set the alarm clock." He: "At 6 o'clock. I have to get up that early." Me:"But you will never get up at six o'clock." He:"I have to get up at 6 o'clock." OK, I set the alarm clock for 6 o'clock.

Next morning, when the alarm clock wakes us up, my boyfriend resets it at 7 a.m., then at 8 a.m.. At 8:30 it is me who asks him:"Would you mind if I go to the bathroom first?" He wants to sleep, so it is me who is at first under the shower. Afterwards I prepare 2 cups of coffee for us so that we can get the feeling that we woke up. Suddenly my boyfriend gets busy. Soon his morning routine is done and then I use to say to him: "Sit down for your cup of coffee. You have this time." Then we sit down and enjoy a few minutes sipping our cup of black coffee.

Then it is already after 9 a.m and I get busy, too.

My practice was at 4 p.m. It was supposed to be my morning practice. I sweated. It's summer time here and very warm. I did the first series. My left leg still hurts and this makes me crazy. I have the feeling that I do not progress at the moment, I'm on a plateau. But this is OK as long as I keep practicing. I could enjoy many of the asanas.

I added an exercise. Just before urdhva dhanurasana, I stood up and bent my body back. Behind me is a mirror. I tried to bend back till I could see my face. This should be a motivation. I hope that this exercise will improve the backbending of the first series.

3 comments:

Wayne said...

"Sit down for your cup of coffee. You have this time." Then we sit down and enjoy a few minutes sipping our cup of black coffee."

What a wonderful life! Hope your leg feels better soon.

Sue said...

I may have missed something, but what's wrong with your leg?

Ursula said...

Good morning Sue,
my left leg is overstretched. Perhaps it happened in an attempt to go into supta kurmasana. What makes me crazy is, that asanas on the right side are so much better now than asanas on the left side. But I'm on my way to recover. Thanks a lot for caring.