Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wednesday morning practice

I practiced. And it was good.

Once I heard this little voice saying: "Omit this asana." It was Janu Sirsasana B that I should omit. And I omitted it. But I got an idea how to answer to this little voice. Next time I will say: "Imagine how good you will feel at the end of this practice, when you don't omit an asana and the vinyasas." I did a few more vinyasas than yesterday. I'm sure it is because I ate a huge piece of apple cake yesterday (see comment under "I can live from air and love alone").

I closed my eyes
from time to time and just listened to my breathe. It is a totally different experience as with open eyes. The breathe sounds louder and more intensive. It is worth to do it from time to time in order to concentrate. I imagine that my breathe is the ocean at Hawai. Once I was there and I was lucky to found a yoga teacher at the hotel. We, a little group of about 5 people practiced on the beach. The sound of the waves in front of us was great. Our teacher said: "Imagine you sit down on the ground of the ocean. It is calm there. Above you there are these huge waves, but where you sit it is quite." I liked this picture. Sometimes I visualize that the sound of my breathe represents the sound of the waves at Hawai. But inside I am very calm. This is a very exciting aspect of my practice.

The next six days I will be on the road. We will see my parents and E.'s mother, who has her birthday. Of course I will travel with my yoga mat. I will find time to practice yoga, that's for sure. But it will be a totally different practice, as I will have spectators.

2 comments:

Sergio said...

Have a good time! I hope you don't have a hard time concentrating while practising before an audience. I find it very distracting, personally.

Ursula said...

Each single practice is different. To have spectators can also be motivating. Main point is: no excuses for not practicing.